Club Flower: Calla Lily
Club Colors: Yellow and White
Club Motto: Gracious living through beautiful gardens
Meetings; First Friday of each month, except June, July, and August
Meeting Time: 11:00 A.M.
Meeting Place: Members Homes
Club Verse: "Consider the lilies how they grow; they toil not, they spin not, and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
For a membership application & renewal form, Click Here . To visit the Garden Club Facebook page, Click Here.
The Lake Vista Beautification Committee is an arm of the Lake Vista Garden Club and is made up of volunteers from the community. This group supports the overall mission of Lake Vista Garden Club: "to promote and encourage the beautifying of home gardens and the Lake Vista subdivision." Current
• planting and maintenance of Lake Vista signage areas on major thoroughfares and Zephyr Parkway
• planting and maintenance of bus shelters in Lake Vista
• tree maintenance and tree planting on parkways and public neutral grounds, in cooperation with public bodies
• reforestation of Lake Vista following losses from Hurricane Katrina (public and private property)
• cooperation with area utilities to support Tree Preservation Best Practices during construction and repairs
• overall tree preservation
• assisting residents with tree concerns
Offers of support and interest, as well as requests for information can be sent to email@example.com. The current chairs of Lake Vista Beautification Committee are Patricia Fullmer, Jackie Shreves, and Babs Mollere
Lake Vista Garden Club Awards Program
The Lake Vista Garden Club Awards Program promotes the beautification of Lake Vista by providing recognition to the contributions made by individual homeowners in landscaping their property.
Recognition is provided by bestowing awards in three categories of achievement: the monthly “Garden of the Month,” “Le Petit Jardin”, and the annual “Hall of Honor.”
The winners are chosen by a team of Lake Vista Garden Club members who both walk and drive around the neighborhood during each month, and make their selection based on established guidelines, included in the descriptions below.
Winning gardens are announced at Garden Club meetings and posted on the LVPOA Message Board and Garden Club link, and identified onsite through the placement of the official award signs.
Lake Vista Property Owners Association
PO Box 24430
New Orleans, LA 70184-4430